Sunday 30 August 2015

Welcome to 2015-2016

A momentous year has just began and I would like to keep as thorough a record of it as possible to allow for reflection, planning and learning as well as a repository of materials and resources I have used.
This year I am teaching
IB Diploma:
English B Grade 11 and 12
Theory Of Knowledge Grade 11& 12
History Grade 12
I am also the Extended Essay and CAS coordinator
General English
I also managed to keep 4 periods of English in Grade 9, where the coursebook (Cornelsen English G 21) story-line is based in Australia, which will give us a lot of opportunities to discover this amazing country and its people.

There are also plans for an AG (extracurricular activity), which will focus on journalism and we would hopefully develop a student newsletter/magazine and the Yearbook. - We'll see how much interest we can garner.
 
I got my timetable yesterday. I have long accepted that there is no such thing as an ideal timetable but I think I can live with this one, very tough hump day and Thursday but on the whole it's not too bad at all.

I will try to keep the long-short lesson plans coming and post a short reflection about them at the end of the day. Ambitious, I know but it will keep me organised and focused - I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment